Wow, I don't think I have ever blogged after midnight! Usually I am far away in dreamland by now, but I have so many things running through my mind that I can't sleep. So what better to do than blog! We recently decided to try & sell our house to buy something bigger with more land for Riley (and any other kids we have in the future) to play. I have been in touch with a real estate agent to see what we need to do to get going. She emailed me some listings of houses that are in our price range and of course I fell in love with a couple of them already. TAG & I even drove out & looked at some this afternoon. I emailed her back this evening to see about scheduling a walk-through of our house to find out what it appraises for, but when I laid in bed a while ago I got to thinking. Our
actual price range all depends on how much we get for our house since we will use that money towards a down payment. The agent gets 6% of our selling price, which can be a pretty big chunk of money. So what's keeping me from sleeping is the fact that
we could have that 6% to add to our down payment on a new home if we tried the "For Sale by Owner" route. Granted, the house probably won't sell as fast due to the lack of the agent spreading the word, but realistically we aren't in
that big of a hurry to move. Our back yard is still huge in Riley's eyes & has plenty of room for him right now. (But our dog Zeke is another story! He needs more room to run ASAP!!) Anyway, after
almost 'sleeping on it' I think I may have to email the agent again to tell her we need to slow things down a bit. Is that totally ugly of me??? Since we never actually did a walk-through or even met in person, I don't feel
as bad about backing out on her. If anyone reading is a real estate agent, please don't take offense! Agents are wonderful and if we needed to sell quicker, I would definitely use one. I guess we will just throw a price out there based on what some comp homes in our neighborhood sold for recently & what some are priced at for sale now & see what we can do.
I know this whole post was just a bunch of rambling. Sorry for that. If it matters to anyone, my head seems a little clearer now after spelling it all out. :0) Well, I'm going to make attempt #2 to get some sleep. Good night!
It doesn't hurt to try that route first. Your agent will not be mad because if that doesn't work then she will definitely need your business later.
ReplyDeleteIt's always good to "clear" the head! Sounds exciting! I'll be praying thing are just perfect for you guys and that in God's timing the perfect home comes on the market. Blessings!
ReplyDelete