This past Saturday we had our 3rd Annual Crawfish Boil to celebrate TAG & Josh’s (our brother-in-law) Birthdays. The weather ended up getting pretty nasty but it didn’t stop us from boiling some crawfish. It never got too bad where we were but there was a tornado that touched down within 10 miles of us & another that was about 15 miles away. I am so thankful it didn’t get too bad. Despite the storms we had a great time!
The kids found a mud hole so we let them play.
We walked across the street to the park for a little while too.
Third outfit of the day & in the mud again! After this time we just let them play in their diapers.
Sunday was the worst of the storms for our area. While TAG & Josh were cleaning up, the rain started pouring & in a matter of 30 minutes it was rushing in the car port & their yard was nowhere to be seen. TAG took the kids & me to Josh’s parents’ house down the road because they live up on a hill, then came back to help Josh & Brooke get things like their deep freeze & grill to higher ground. They also began to prepare to move things to the attic if need be. The water rose to about 10 or so inches & the creek behind their house overflowed completely. Luckily, it started slacking off after too long & the water dropped a good bit. I know this is nothing compared to the tragedy in Nashville, but it sure was scary.
I snapped these pictures before the water got real high. It was probably 6 or so inches deep out in the yard at this time.
All of the people affected by these storms & floods are still in our prayers!


How terrible for your friends. I can't believe how bad things are from those storms. My prayers are with everyone still also.
ReplyDeleteI love all the pics of the kids at the craw-fish boil. So cute.
Love the pictures!! Glad yall had a good time! I love that picture of Riley and the ltitle girl kissing:)
ReplyDeleteSo glad there wasn't too much damage! So many people got affected here close to me!! So sad!!
Wow! That is scary!
ReplyDeleteThat little kissing picture was soooo cute.
You know, I don't admit this much, but I totally don't like crawfish. I know, I know...it's totally unsouthern of me!