Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas Activities & Big Things Happening

We have had lots & lots going on since I last posted over.a.week.ago. A really BIG thing and lots other fun things have been keeping us extra busy. I will get to the big thing eventually, but for now here’s a re-cap of our week. {I LOVE that it all revolves around Christmas!}

We re-decorated the big tree at least 17 times. At first I tried to stop Riley & Averly from messing with the ornaments, but then I figured since all my breakable ornaments are out of their reach, I may as well let them play. My tree may be bare in some spots & way too cluttered in others with 4 ornaments on the same branch but I wouldn’t have it any other way. Someone said it just means it was decorated with love & that is totally true.

By the way, Riley hung the huge “Merry Christmas To All” sign on the tree (that normally goes outside) & I am so leaving it there! It actually doesn’t look half bad!

Picture 148

My sweet, sweet babies.

 Picture 142Picture 144Picture 149 Picture 111

We visited Santa. It’s pretty obvious how Averly felt about him. I love these priceless pictures though. One day she cherish this…one day. Riley was a little unsure about the whole situation as well. He did go right to him & sat on his lap, but got really quiet & started playing with his fingers like he was nervous or something. I never could get him to tell Santa what he wanted, but when Santa gave him a candy cane & told him to be a good boy, he said “Ok, yes sir, thank you.” So polite. :0)

Picture 135Picture 136Picture 140

We also watched our city’s parade with Hartley. These 2 are so cute together!

Picture 113 Picture 115

Averly & I sat in the truck most of the night because it was so cold, but we got out to watch every now & then.

Picture 119

Riley was saying that the bands were too loud!

Picture 120 Picture 122 Picture 123 Picture 124

Then Hartley came back to play at our house for a little while before bedtime.

Picture 129      

I do have more to share that is pretty exciting, but I just want to wait until the unclear becomes clear.

6 comments:

  1. The first few pictures I thought "AW, they look so happy!" Then I saw the Santa picture. That poor thing! I was never one to sit on Santa's lap either, she's not alone, I was a cryer. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the pictures!!
    Poor Averly with Santa..lol maybe next year!
    Love your tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tree ( and the sign) and those Santa pictures are too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. soo i cant wait to hear the big news!?!?!
    i LOVE that your tree is decorated by them!
    And looove the picture of Riley and Hartley hugging....too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all these pictures, your kids are truly so cute. The tree looks fabulous also by the way.
    I'm glad you guys had a good time this past weekend :) So whats the big news? I might guess but I might be wrong? I have a thought, I can't wait to see what it is???

    ReplyDelete