Monday, March 30, 2009

Last Part of September & All of October in a Nutshell


Now, back to catching up...on September 24th Riley visited more family. My parents & I went to see Jamie at Martin. While we were there we met my aunt, uncle & one of my cousins at my grandparents' house. My parents along with my aunt & uncle have been fixing up the house recently to put it on the market after my grandparents passed away in 2005. Unfortunately, TAG had to work so he couldn't come. Below is a couple pictures of that day.



A few days later Aunt Jamie changed her 1st diaper! When we are together I give her all of the practice she can get! :) She is a wonderful aunt, too. She can always make Riley giggle out loud. If you know my sister, you know that she knows how to make you laugh any time of the day. Riley loves to listen to her sing whether she is being silly or serious.


October 7th is mine & TAG's anniversary, but since it was a weekday we waited until that weekend to celebrate. We didn't do much. Just went to eat & that's all. We were going to watch a movie but nothing was playing at the time we were there. This was the longest I had ever been away from Riley at that point in time so I was actually ready to go home to see him. Sad, I know...borderline pathetic but it was really hard for me to be away from him for a long time.


This is just a picture of the only time I have ever seen him suck his thumb. I couldn't resist...I thought it was sweet.

Riley had his first play date with Lucy Lakey on October 11. They were so cute & had so much fun kicking & playing on the floor. They had another play date on January 22 of this year. Look how much they both have changed!



The night before he turned 2 months old (October 12th), he slept through the night. We were such proud parents! He slept from 10:30 to 5. The next night from 11 to 5:30. He pretty much stayed in this routine--eventually sleeping until about 7 or 8 and going to bed a little earlier. I had no complaints when it came to sleeping. Notice I said HAD...we'll get to his recent sleeping habits later.


Riley's 1st shots were on October 15th. He weighed 12 lbs, 4 oz & was 24 1/2 in long. I didn't know exactly what to expect from the shots or how he would do. I made Brooke come along with me since TAG couldn't get off of work. He ended up doing fine. Cried for a minute, but that was it. Such a brave little thing! At the doctor right before the big, bad shots.

He didn't feel too great the next day. He slept a lot & didn't feel like playing at all. I kept him outside as much as possible because he loves being outdoors. I figured it would help him feel a little better. He cracked a smile a few times when I put my sunglasses on him.


My house is definitely a "house divided" when it comes to college sports. I have always been a Tennessee fan & TAG is a huge Mississippi State fan. Both of his parents went to school there & his dad actually played football there. I will cheer for State unless they are playing Tennessee. Then my orange roots start shining through. On October 18th UT & MSU played each other. My parents came down to watch the game & cook out. Riley, being stuck in the middle of this, was forced to wear both orange & maroon! Hey, it's only fair!

Now, some pictures just because I love them...



Yes, that's a roll of toilet paper he's sitting on!


I wanted to get some good Fall pictures of Riley to use for a Christmas card. Below were some that we took. I did use a couple of them (the ones in the cotton field).





One of Riley's favorite toys is his jungle. I had to include a picture of him playing in it. :)


I went to the Carrie Underwood concert with 2 of my best friends on October 25th. We all met at our house & left from there since it was in Southaven at the DeSoto Civic Center. Riley loves his Aunt Kel & Aunt Britt!

Riley was a pumpkin for his 1st Halloween. He wasn't too excited about it, but I did manage to catch a smerk with my camera! The outfit he is wearing was actually mine for my 1st Halloween.



No comments:

Post a Comment