Sunday, April 5, 2009

Lately...


zdgsty hgg ./hh c That was Riley saying hello. I was going to continue catching up, but he has done so much the last few days that I want to skip ahead again & write about it. First off, I have the sweetest baby boy ever. Yes, I really do. :) Riley has learned how to give kisses & he loves giving them out. He will just open his mouth & put his face to your cheek. It is so funny. He 1st started doing it when we would kiss him, but now he is starting to lean in to "kiss" if you tell him to "give me sugar" & turn your cheek to him. Somehow I seem to fall more & more in love with him everyday!

The last week or so he has gotten into this phase where he wants his mommy all of the time. And I mean really wants his mommy. I work part time, so I am only away from him 2 or 3 days a week. He has always been pretty attached to me, but here lately he has been acting very needy. If I walk through the room he is in & don't stop to talk to him he gets upset. TAG tries to console him, but apparently it just isn't good enough. Only mommy will do right now. The other day I was folding some clothes when he started getting upset & wanting me. TAG brought him in the laundry room so he could see that I hadn't left him. He immediately calmed down when he saw me but started right back up when they turned around. Can you say Mama's Boy?! Hopefully this is just a phase...

Riley has accomplished a lot these last few days. A little over a week ago he started turning the pages in the books when we read. He seems so excited to see what is on the next page! He has also started walking with his push walker. Hasn't gotten too far yet--just a couple of steps here & there. We laugh so hard when he pushes it because he looks like a little man mowing his yard with this thing! It is hilarious! I moved the coffee table out of the living room up to the game room since it has sharp corners & he is starting to become mobile. He loves having the whole living room floor to roll around & play...and scatter his toys all over the place.

The little stinker got into his Easter basket the other day...

I love this picture!

Starting April 1st, he has started eating some table foods. In the last few days he has tried baked turkey, biscuits & crackers (which he held & fed himself, might I add). He also fed himself a couple Cheerios. We have been working with these for a while now, but he has had a hard time getting them in his mouth because they are so small. We're getting better though. ;)

As I mentioned before, Riley is getting 5 teeth in at once! All four front top & one on the bottom by his other two. It has been kinda rough. He hasn't slept as well as he usually does but I think we are on the upswing of that since they have broken through the gums. I was finally able to get a picture of his pearly whites--or what is in of them at least. Please excuse the cracker in the mouth. :) This was also his first time to eat a cracker while holding it.

Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment