Saturday, April 24, 2010

Accomplishments

We have had so much going on the last couple of days! It has been crazy! I'll probably be posting a lot more the next few days. I've been jotting down a few accomplishments that the kids have made lately. Some big. Some small. All very exciting to me. And since this blog has now become their main baby book, I want to be sure to get it all. So here's some of what's new right now.

Riley can identify the letters B & T. Cute story about the letter T. We were at Bed Bath & Beyond the other day & they have a huge display of the plastic college logo tumblers. He pointed to the UT Vols T & said "T", then pointed to the Mississippi State M logo & said "Dada". It cracked me up! My husband is a huge State fan for anyone that didn't know.

abg 029

Riley loves to color & draw. The Easter Bunny brought him some coloring books & crayons & he LOVES them! Any time we have a pen & paper out he wants to "daw" (draw). We can't tell for sure if he's going to be left or right handed because he uses both when he draws & eats, but mainly uses his left when he throws a ball. We have also been very impressed with how he holds the crayons. Not in a fist but really how you are supposed to hold it.

He can count to 5...well sorta, with help. :0) It usually goes something like this: one, choo, chee, choo, chee, fo, five five five! He gets so excited when he gets to five.

abg 050

He knows what a guitar sounds like. He has a toy guitar that he has been playing with a lot lately & the other day a commercial or something randomly came on TV with a guitar playing (but not shown) & when he heard it he started yelling "geetar geetar!"

abg 049

Averly smiled her 1st real smile at Dada on Monday night (April 19th)!! He was holding her & rubbing her belly & she looked up at him with the biggest, sweetest grin! TAG smiled right back at her with a grin just as big as hers. I don't think I've ever seen him smile that big. Except when our babies were born. Then he kept on talking to her & she just kept on smiling! It was such a sweet moment between TAG & his baby girl. I really am glad that he got the first smile because I feel like he misses so much being at work during the day. I think it may have made up for some of it! ;0)

These aren’t pictures of the actual first smile, but some of the first few.

abg 041 abg 038 abg 059

She's been cooing a lot more lately. Really trying to talk to us & get it out.

I discovered Sunday night that me eating Mexican did not agree with her little belly just yet. She was up with gas about 3 or 4 times that night, which is a lot for her. I really hate that because I love Mexican food! Hopefully her belly will toughen up soon.

She has found her hands & puts them to my face when we are talking. And her big brother’s too.

abg 031

She is still losing more of all that thick beautiful hair she was born with. We can just barely keep a bow in now. Maybe it will grow back quickly though!

She has always been a good sleeper but last night (April 23rd) she slept for 8 hours straight! Then she just woke up, ate & went back to sleep for almost 3 more hours! Every night since then she has slept anywhere from 6.5 to 8 hour nights! I pray she keeps that up. Especially since Riley had so many sleep issues. It’s nice having a child that sleeps! Ha!

abg 264

I'm so proud of my sweet babies!

Mama & Dada have a couple accomplishments too. I went to my 6 week check up on April 19th & I have lost 30 pounds. Only 18 more to go to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. And Dada turns 30 years old on April 22nd!!

2 comments:

  1. Those pics of her smiling are so sweet! Love her dress with the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my mom just got avin that dress in the last picture! Way too cute. her smile is to die for, melt my heart baby girl!!!

    I want to hear him play the guitar!! Love hearing the updates. I have a giveaway going on for a blogmake over that ends tomorrow. Go enter if you want one :)

    ReplyDelete