Friday, September 24, 2010

My Little Sponge

Ever since Riley turned 2, his vocabulary has literaly shot through the roof. I can’t even keep up with it all. He says things now that completely amaze me. Like the other day he said styrofoam. I mean, really? What the heck? Where does he even hear these things? Some other cute things he has been saying lately are as follows:
Don’t ask me where he heard it because we do not watch Cops, but my child was running around the house singing “Bad boys, bad boys…” a few nights ago. It absolutely blew my mind!
Last night my mom & I were sitting in my living room while Riley was back at our bedroom with TAG. He came running down the hall & into the room, said “Hi guys” then ran back to TAG.
When he’s getting ready to go to bed he gives us our kisses & says “Goodnight friends! Happy dreams!!”
Three questions that we hear repeatedly are “Hab it peesh?” (Can I have it, please?) “Hear dat?” “What dat?”
Riley loves being a pirate. He pretends that his climber is a pirate ship & he will stand at the wheel saying “Arrr matey!” He even crinkles his little nose up, snarling. Precious. 

As I was cutting Averly’s fingernails, Riley held his hand up & said “FingerSnails!” He cracks me up!
While we were at the lake last weekend I was changing his diaper on the bed & apparently the ceiling fan light was too bright for him because he kept saying “Sun in eyes, Mama!”
He is quite the safety monkey, as TAG says, when we are riding. He is always hollering for us to “slow down!”
Riley got his hands on a whistle a couple days ago. He walks around thinking he is something big tooting it too. Only he doesn’t blow in it—he holds it up to his mouth & screams in an as high-pitched squeal as he can. We have tried over & over to show him how to just blow in it, but it does no good. 

If he loves on Averly a little too hard or knocks something over or does something he knows he’s not supposed to, he will say “Sowwy...didn't mean to.”
When deciding which snack he wants or what movie he wants to watch, he’ll say “Bout dis one?” Such a little man!
He sounds a lot like Yoda when he says a full sentence. For example-“dry off, me”, “get down, me” “hab it, me, peesh?”
And my favorite thing to hear coming out of his sweet mouth… “Love you Mama! Love you Dada! Love you Avyyy!” (Averly)
Picture 480
His brain is such a sponge! He doesn’t forget anything & is as smart as ever! Oh how I love my Riley Roo!

1 comment:

  1. Love it!! Blake has just started talking mroe too..and it is so funny to hear what comes out of his mouth! He is BIG into "hey guys" right now...to everyone...when we are out shopping....everyone we pass, he says "hey guys".....
    He hasnt said I love you yet though...and I cant WAIT to hear those words come out of his mouth!

    ReplyDelete