Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Another visit to ‘Mamie’s’ house

Last week my sister's class needed to "borrow" my kids for an observance day on Wednesday. It was pretty neat to take them up to the school & see how Jamie's field work will come into play. The instructor cracked me up because she asked me if my husband was an athlete because both of my kids had such great muscle tone. My reply was "Yes, actually, he's a personal trainer & played college basketball." She said she "knew it!" TAG got a kick out of that because he is convinced that Riley will go pro in some sport one day! We can all dream right?! And Riley man, if you do go pro, remember your Mama! Haha!

We stayed a couple extra days to just hang out as well. We walked around downtown enjoying the beautiful weather.

Picture 137 Picture 139

I forgot a stroller so I had to lug my little chunk around all day.

Picture 140

We ate lunch outside. It was so perfect! I wish I lived somewhere that it was 75 degrees everyday!

IMG00562-20101013-1258IMG00557-20101013-1254

He really loves his sister!

IMG00559-20101013-1257Picture 141

Riley can always find a way to entertain himself…and everyone around.

Picture 147

This picture was taken with my phone. Sorry about the poor quality. I wish I brought my camera to the little park. They were so cute in that swing together!

IMG00576-20101014-1418

Funny story...the kids & I were eating one night while my mom went to visit a friend of hers. The people in the booth behind us ordered ice cream for dessert. Riley heard them & started asking me for some ice cream. I told him if he would be a big boy while we finish eating that we might get some at 'Mamie's' house. He was ok with that answer & ended up forgetting all about it by the time we were ready to leave. We were waiting on our waiter to bring us the check & my sister was watching him walk up behind Riley & I. I asked her if he was coming to our table & she said "no, he's bringing them their I-C-E-C-R-E-A-M" (spelling it out). No sooner than she got I-C-E out of her mouth did Riley yell ICE CREAMMMM!!!! {And no, he did not see the waiter bringing it to them because his back was turned to that table.}I think potato soup came out my nose & we were both in tears from laughing so hard. Riley didn't get what was so funny but after a minute of looking at us like we were crazy, he joined in the laughter. We've been practicing his letters & we always say that "I" is for ice cream. He jumped all over it as soon as that letter came out of her mouth! I guess we are going to have to resort to hand signals or something instead of spelling out words we don't want him to hear!

Telling his Mamie bye-bye!

Picture 152Picture 153

Thanks for letting us stay for a few days, Jamie! It was great to get away for a while! We love you!

4 comments:

  1. It's always fun to be with your sister!!!
    Love the picture of Riley kissing averly, precious!!
    I also love the picture of Riley in the boots and hat, too cute~!
    Also you always look so great mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this in Nashville Jessica? Ah, so sad if so we could have had lunch.
    Spending quality time with family is so much more important and lots more fun though! Riley is adorable in those boots, that boy could not get any cuter! Lol, kids crack me up no matter what they always know when someone is talking about ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tht is too funny that she could see teh muscle tone . . I think alex has a little gymnast body and that picture of him in the cowboy boots is sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun visit. I love the pictures. Hubs and i were just talking about how we wish it was 75 degrees everyday in the winter around here. it was so gorgeous today.

    ReplyDelete