Monday, October 4, 2010

I may have cried a little

Last night I got home from a girls trip to Florida with some old college friends (more on that later) & my little, sweet, darling, sometimes clingy Mama’s girl did not want to come to me. I don’t know if she just didn’t recognize me because I finally have a tan for the first time since she was born! Or if she was mad at me for leaving her for 4 days. Either way, it hurt my heart & I teared up a little. Before this trip, I had never been away from her over night at all. Plus it was the longest I have ever gone without seeing Riley. I missed them both more than I could stand! I had a great time with my friends, but the drive home seemed to take forever because I was so anxious to hug on my babies. Riley greeted me at the door with a big hug & a kiss. He told me all about his weekend that he had with his Dada (also more on that to come), but when I picked Averly up, her bottom lip quivered & she started crying while reaching for my mom, who kept her while I was gone. I felt like my baby had forgotten who I was but after we played for a while & got “re-acquainted” it was as if I never left. Her sweet smile came back & then she literally wouldn’t let me put her down. Which I was totally fine with because I didn’t want to! Heck, she missed me so much that she wanted to hang out all night last night. Needless to say we were up for most of the night. As tired as I am today I am so glad to be with my angel babies.

Picture 353

2 comments:

  1. Awe, I would cry too! So glad you had a good time! I am leaving B for the first time in a couple of weeks. 1.) It is on my 30th bday (which is bad enough!) 2.) Its for 2 nights! I hope he isn't mad at me, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww... I would have cried too girl, it's okay.. but I am sure she did miss you!!!!! SDhe probabaly just had alot of fun with her grandma:) I bet it was nice to get away and have a few days to yourself too!!!

    ReplyDelete