Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Shrek The Musical

Saturday I got a call from one of my friends that she had some extra tickets to Shrek that day & asked if we wanted to go. I opted to leave Averly with TAG since it would interfere with her naptime. So my favorite little man & I had a date! This was Riley’s first live performance so I didn’t know how he would act or if he could sit still for that long. When I told him where we were going, he kept saying “I so cited!” He couldn’t wait to get in the car & go. Once we were there he was still “so cited” & couldn’t wait to “ride Shrek!” Yea, for whatever reason he thought he was going to ride Shrek like a horse. Anyway, we snapped a few pictures while waiting for Shrek to come out.

This is what I got when I told him to show me how excited he was! Haha!

 Picture 156 Picture 158

Riley loves Megan so much! Especially after she bought him M&Ms & Skittles. :0)

Picture 159Picture 161 Picture 162

Overall he did great. He asked to go to the potty about an hour into the show. We went & when we came out of the bathroom there was a looooong line. We made it in just in time! I think he got kind of tired of sitting still though because he didn’t want to go back in. He kept saying that he wanted to go home. We stood at the back for a little while & then I bribed him with more candy & we sat down to watch the rest. He was such a big boy on our date! I think he really liked it!

6 comments:

  1. Good for him going to the show and making it through and even asking to go to the potty. :) I don't blame him, sometimes these shows go on so long. I'm glad he had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Not to mention, how great it is that he made it through the show with only going to the potty once. Charli always has to check out the bathrooms whether she needs to go or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell him I get restless too, don't worry. ;)

    Haha, skittles always make it better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun.. would love to see that live.. I bet he loved it. It is so hard for kids to sit still we have taken alex to a few ice shows or other live shows but most of them she can stand, shout and move around without distracting other people because all the kids are doing it. We have taken her to two movies and she has done OK in them.. only a matter of time.. can't wait to take her to all sorts of plays and movies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how sweet! im sure he was excited to spend time with his mommy and megan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMgosh how cool for him. My kids love love love the theater. Was it a great show?

    ReplyDelete