Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Park & First Zoo Trip for Averly

We have been busy, busy this past week or so! On Friday the kids & I met up with my friend Kelly at the park. Averly has been to the park before, but wasn’t really old enough to do anything besides swing until Friday. And she loved it! Riley of course had a blast too.

She was so excited to run & climb!

Picture 221

Doesn’t he look SO big?!

Picture 219Picture 226 Picture 227 Picture 228 Picture 229 Picture 230 Picture 231

Averly loves her Aunt Kel. Thanks for meeting us! We had so much fun!

Picture 218

Friday night I met up with some of my old high school friends for a little girls night. It was so good to see everyone & catch up. I forgot my camera, but one of the girls got some pictures so I’ll steal those as soon as she posts them on Facebook! :0) What started out as a great night, ended tragically for Julie, my lifelong friend that recently moved to Utah. She was home for our little reunion & to celebrate her brother’s Birthday. Later that same night he was involved in a horrible car accident that took his life. On his Birthday. Please keep Julie & her family in your prayers. I cannot even begin to imagine the pain they are going through.

Saturday we went to the zoo with Mary Duke & Hartley. This was our first trip of the year & Averly’s first time ever at the zoo…unless you count the day before she was born last year. Technically, she was there.

Picture 233 Picture 235  Picture 237 Picture 236

Baby Girl didn’t know what to think of all these animals at first.

Picture 239Picture 242 Picture 244 Picture 248 Picture 264

Checking out the hippos.

Picture 251 Picture 253

Averly finally let Mary Duke hold her. It takes her a while to warm up to anybody! Cute little side note…Yesterday Riley randomly asked me “Mama? You ‘member Miss Mawy? Hart-ye’s mama?” “Yes baby, I do. Why?” “Ok. Good.” I love the simplicity of a child’s mind.

Picture 254

Then she decided she wanted to be a big girl & walk to see the Grizzly bears.

Picture 256 Picture 260

My sweet boy pulling his {very tired} little sister in the wagon. Averly’s first trip to the zoo wore her out! She was conked out before we even got out of the parking lot.

Picture 261

I asked Riley what his favorite animal was & he said the horses. Ha! We could stay home & see horses! I think the giraffes are a close second though.

9 comments:

  1. How fun! I wanted to go to the zoo this week, but things have been busy. You take the best pics. What kind of camera do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! The kids looked so adorable at their trip to the zoo! I agree with Mandy, your photos are always amazing! You do such a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear they grow with every post!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the zoo pictures!!

    And, I will be praying for your friend. What a tragic loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like a ton of fun! I cant wait to hit up the zoo and the parks..

    ReplyDelete
  6. What ADORABLE pictures! It looks like you had a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CUTE! So sad about your friends brother, I can't imagine either!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You seriously have the cutest kids ever!! I cant get over it. The pic to R pulling his sis is SOOO cute!!

    Praying for your friend and her family. How sad. I cannnot even imagine :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. My kids still love the zoo at 11, 9 & 5. So much fun. They are adorable in every picture. They grow up fast.

    ReplyDelete