Wednesday, April 6, 2011

What has this cutie booty been up to?

Picture 290a

Feeding herself with a spoon!

Picture 270 Picture 272

Sporting her first pigtails!

Picture 292 Picture 296Picture 295

Falling on the concrete patio & scratching her poor little face all up! :0(

Picture 310

Playing outside. A LOT! WE are loving this weather!

Picture 301 Picture 302 

And did you notice she isn’t wearing a bow in any of these pictures?! I am gasping for air right now!

Ever since turning 1, my Averly has become such a big girl! She is “talking” more & more. She is gaining quite the little vocabulary. Her words so far are:

Bah (Ball)
Choo (Juice)
Baa (Bath)
Bubba (For both Bubba & bubble)
Uh oooohh
Haaa (Hot)
And of course Mama & Dada that she has been saying for a while.

She also attempts new sounds when we practice like “ch” for cheese & “mmm” for milk. I think those will be the next to come about.

Averly recently started pointing to what she wants. She is picking up a habit from Riley as well. Riley likes for us to hold him up while he looks in the pantry for a snack & Averly has recently started grunting for me to pick her up & will then point to the pantry. Monkey see, monkey do.

She will also point to her nose if you ask her “Where’s Averly’s nose?” Sometimes she will point to mine if I say “Where’s Mama’s nose?”

She understands & follows simple commands such as “Go get your baby {doll}” or “Go find Riley/Mama/Dada/etc.” When it’s bath time I will say “Let’s go take a bath” and she runs to the bathroom saying “baa”.

My baby girl is getting so big!

9 comments:

  1. Too cute! I love her baby blues & pigtails!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little piggy tails are oh so sweet! She really is growing up. I love that she is watching things that Riley does and mocking them.

    I'm sorry that I haven't commented on your blog much lately. I've had a really rough time with morning sickness the past few weeks. I have feeling that I won't have much energy to blog for a while but I'm going to try to do better! Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so adorable!! I absolutely love the first picture!! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. With those pigtails, she reminds me of the little girl from Monsters Inc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so cute Jessica! Love her pigtails and I am so loving this weather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Her eyes are so pretty!!!! And she is just a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh those pig tails are oo cute! Hannah wont sit still long enough for me to give her some ha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet baby girl!! I just cant get enough of the piggies!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love her little heart butt ha ha!! can't believe all the words she is saying :)

    ReplyDelete