Monday, May 16, 2011

God just smacked me in the face

I’ve had a lot going on the past few weeks, which explains my absence from blogging. I’ll just come out & say it. I have been having a pity party for myself. I’ve just been in a slump lately. Worrying about stuff I can’t control. Stressing over every little thing. Wondering when it’s all going to turn around for the better. Without getting into much detail, I’ve been struggling with some issues that have basically consumed my every thought.

I have always been a worrier. It’s in my blood. My mom & my grandma passed that lovely trait down to me. TAG calls me the world’s worst worry wart. I know I shouldn’t, but I worry about things that are usually irrelevant. I find myself losing sleep over even minor things. I worry about work-getting everything done for a full week in the 3 days that I’m there. About that client that was so hateful to me on the phone. Why are people so rude? I worry about my sister-driving to & from school. About bills-majorly. And don’t even get me started on the things that go through my head in regards to my kids. I am going to be a nervous wreck when they are old enough to drive. Even though it’s just in me to worry, I have been doing an extra amount of it lately. My poor husband & mom have seen me cry more in the last 30 days than probably ever in my life. My stress just builds up & I call one of them randomly during the day to vent. Sometimes it makes me feel better, sometimes it doesn’t.

There are some big things coming down the chute for my family soon. These changes are definitely a positive thing. So what am I so stressed about? The timing. I know that things are not done in my time, but in God’s time. He knows when the perfect time, place, etc is. I’ve prayed for patience & I feel God working on me. Last week was a big slap-in-the-face type moment for me. As I went down to look at the river it really put things in perspective. Thousands of people have lost their homes & everything they own-not to mention some have lost loved ones in this flood & the tornadoes a few weeks back. I am not one of those. I still have a roof over my head & my family here. God has really been teaching me to trust in Him with everything. Of course I know to trust in the Lord. I know this & have grown up knowing this. But I just have a hard time putting that into action sometimes. Letting go of all my worries & handing it over to God. He will take it all for me. He wants to take it all for me. Amazing love. So I’m trying. I am making a more conscious effort to just let go of all things that stress me. God is in control & everything is going to be just fine.

I know life is not going to be all unicorns & glitter. And I don’t expect it to be. I know you have to go through valleys to reach the mountains. We are going through a pretty deep valley right now, but hopefully that means there is a big mountain on the other side. Plus, I think we are getting close to coming out of it. I sure do hope so anyway.

And these two make everything so worthwhile.

Picture 213

I’ll let y’all in on everything when the time is right, but could you please say a prayer for my family today around 6:00? There is a big decision being made at that time & I just pray it is in our favor. A good outcome for tonight will mean great things to come for my family that are very much needed.

15 comments:

  1. I pray it's in your favor too! I will keep you and your family in my thoughts/prayers today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Worrying can be a good thing, when worrying is warranted. Perhaps you could take the list of worries that you wrote out in this post, and then make a list of what you can do to make them less worrysome.

    If there is nothing you can do to solve the worry, apologize to yourself for worrying and then move onto things you can take action on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the title of your post! Keeping you in mind girly...hope everything is ok and comes out on the positive side for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you! I hope you find peace and not stress out too much. Remember things are in Gods hands and though it may seem like he puts a lot on your plate, you will always be able to handle it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh sweet girl I am praying for you and your family today!!!!!! God has a plan and the perfect timing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally understand. I went through that when mine and Brandons companies were going through lay offs, I worried if it's us what we will do and how will we pay our bills. Then I thought we would never have another child, and on and on. But, you are so right, we have so much to be thankful for. God never promised easy, he promised to be beside us holding our hands. Another hard thing is patience but God knows the struggles you are facing and in his time he will reveal them full force. I don't think I will ever understand why my family went through hard situations a year ago but I do know my love for my family, God, and this new baby is 100 times stronger now. I pray through your struggles you will too. Lean on him and he will comfort you. I'll be praying for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will be praying for your family. I hope everything turns out exactly like it needs to be. Remember not to stress to much even though it is SO hard not too! Loves.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will keep you and your family in my prayers! Hope everything goes well tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praying for you, Jessica! I don't think it is any kind of coincidence that I read your blog at 5:45pm today! I will be praying that favor will be shown & you will be able to begin your journey out of this valley. Love you & want to be there for you! I understand the "worry stuff" with all my heart...daily struggle for me as well! Ready to hear the good things God has done!!! Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am just now getting to my google reader for the day - so I am just now reading this. But, I am praying now that your family is rejoycing in great news from the decision earlier in the day.

    I'm a worrier too - so I know that stress (especially the work stress) all to well.

    Keep your chin up and hand your worries to our Lord. So much easier said than done - but it helps so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Saying a prayer for you all! I hope everything works in your favor! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. have been thinking about you lately.. hope you are not stressing out to much :)

    ReplyDelete