Riley is just like me when it comes to sleeping. He likes to cuddle up & put his feet on someone when he sleeps. I put my feet over TAG’s leg every night. I just like to feel him there when I sleep. And Riley is the same way.
I love hearing Riley pray. It is possibly the sweetest thing I’ve ever heard. It usually goes something like this: “Tha you Lird for my famwee, mama, dada, my sister, brudder (he is meaning himself-as in Averly’s brother). Tha you for my unnawears, my food, that I not siiick. Tha you for Sheesus. AAAmen.”
He says the funniest stuff too. The other day TAG told him he looked like a baby giraffe because he’s so tall. He looked at TAG, shrugged his shoulders & said “I not a giraffe. I just Riley.”
He loves to pick flowers (usually weeds) for me. He will hide them behind his back & whisper "I got sumpfin for youuuu." He gets the biggest kick out of my reactions when he gives me flowers. This boy loves to see his Mama happy!
Saturday morning I was laying in bed watching TV & in our room we have the older big bulky TV that they came out with calling it a "flat screen" right before the real flat screens. Anyway if you know what I'm talking about, you know that they are box or square-shaped. Well when Riley woke up, he came in my room saying "Come on! Get up, Mama! You can watch da rectangle TV in da yibin {living}room. Not watch yours square TV." Funny how he noticed the shapes of the different TVs!
He knows that "R" makes the "rrrrr" sound. But that's about it as far as the sounds of letters go right now. Of course he's an old pro when it comes to saying his ABCs though.:0)
A few days ago he was playing basketball with TAG when suddenly he got this determined look on his face & said "Da game's not ovber yet!" I guess he was losing at the time but about to come back to beat Dada!
Also have you seen that 5 Hour Energy commercial where the guy is walking down the stairs at the end & says "Let's do this." Well ever since Riley saw it, he now walks around the house randomly saying "Les do dis!!!" It took me a minute to realize what he was saying but that has to be where he got it from.
This little boy. I'll tell you what, he is such a mess!
I could just eat this little fella up! I cannot believe that in just 3 months he will be 3 years old! What in the world?!?


I can't believe how big he is getting! For real, he needs to stop growing. Love that first picture!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe he will be 3!!
ReplyDeleteHe is such a little sweetie! I woudl love ot hear that little prayer in person, how sweet!
I feel the same way, Brody is growing way too fast!!
He looks so tall.. and I always have to be touching chad when I sleep as well.
ReplyDeleteTime certainly flies! He is a wonderful little guy. :)
ReplyDeleteHe is just the sweetest thing in the world!
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures. Love his determination. Too cute about the basketball game. Love it! Love to hear little ones pray. Melts my heart.
ReplyDelete