I mean, weren’t we just in the hospital having him the other day?
And now he’s going to be 3 in a little over 11 weeks and starting school. How is that even possible??? That leads me to my next point. School. Him going out into the real world. Without me. Without TAG. I know I can’t keep him (or Averly) cooped up in our house forever. But y’all, it’s an evil world we live in & that saddens me. And worries me like no other. I know it’s unrealistic, but I want to shelter them from all things bad. I mean, of course no mom wants anything bad to happen to her kids, but I just want them to stay naive to it as well. This is something I talk to God about everyday. That people that try to bring corruptive things into my children’s lives will stay far, far away. I also pray that they will have the strength & will power to stay away from the things God doesn’t approve of. That when mom & dad are not there to tell them what to do, they will know the right decision & choose it. That they will grow up to be godly men & women. To know the love God has for us & to share it with others. I pray that TAG & I can lead them down the right path that is guided by the Big Man upstairs and that we honor Him in how we are raising them. “Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it.” Proverbs 22:6. That verse means more to me now than ever. There’s a LOT of pressure on us as parents to mold our kids into the kind of people they will turn out to be.
These are just some of the thoughts that kept me up last night. I’m having a hard time adjusting to the changes that are about to be made but I know it’s something every parent goes through. I’m no different when it comes to not wanting your kids to grow up so fast. I am beyond thankful that I am able to stay at home with them for most of the week instead of sending them off somewhere. (Nothing at all against daycare. It just wasn’t for us.) And that when I am at work they get to stay with my mom. I know that is something they will look back on & cherish one day just as I reminisce on all the wonderful memories I have from staying with my grandmother when I was young.
Sunday at church we honored the graduates & I had another weak moment when they did the slide show with their baby pictures & growing up through the years. All I could think about was how fast our time is coming & before we know it, we will see Riley & Averly up there on that screen when we are sending them off to college. I’m sure I cried enough tears for the Mamas of those graduates & then some.
But the time has come, whether I like it or not, to send Riley off to preschool. The clock is ticking & it is so close. I will just have to suck it up, pray, & know that God is with him no matter where he is. Same for Averly when that day comes. (Which I don’t even want to think about!)
Gosh, I love these kids so much!!!


1st I think Riley needs a big boy swing ha ha :)
ReplyDelete2nd umm I know I just got a call from Alex preschool telling me they are sending all the paper work and all that jazz.. umm school eeek I am actually excited though call me crazy but I love love love her getting older.
I to worry about all the things that come with them getting older.. you are so right about this world being a bad place at times and how scary it can be and how much we will worry about then in junior high and high school..
lets hope all those negative things stay away form our little kids!
You are an amazing mom and have two of the most amazing kids. They're adorable and I can hardly believe that he'll be 3!!! AH!
ReplyDeletethank you for your sweet comments on my blog! and, i totally agree with you....it is SO hard raising kids in this world today - and so scary! as scary as it is, can you imagine what it would be like if we didn't have our faith?! whew! i struggle all the time with how much is too much..... i want to shield our kids from the evils of this world, but i don't want to shelter them so much that they rebel - do you know what i mean? it is a fine line and one that i pray about all the time! i pray that no matter what, i will remain faithful to raising my kids the way that HE wants me to - not the way the world says I should - and that HE will honor my faithfulness....
ReplyDeletebtw, LOVE the pics of riley "shaving" in the post below this :)
Jessica, I love that posted about this. I could not have written these words anymore better than you did. I feel the exact same way and think these same thoughts about my kids. I just had a huge conversation with my mom about how to raise your kids to do the right things without condoning things your not ok with. How to be open with them without being ok with things you don't want to be ok with. How to adjust to them growing without feeling like your loosing them. They grow so fast. Its scary.
ReplyDeleteBut I can assure you that because we do worry about these things that makes us good mommies.