Friday, December 2, 2011

It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas at Our House!

My favorite time of year is here!! I usually wait until the weekend after Thanksgiving to put my Christmas decorations up, but I cheated a little this year & did it the week before Thanksgiving.

I cut some circles out of the leftover board I had from making door hangers so the kids could make some ornaments. They got the biggest kick out of it & loved perfectly placing their own ornaments on the tree.

Picture 062

Another favorite is digging the other Christmas ornaments out of the boxes to decorate the tree. I love seeing the excitement on their faces when they find a new one in the box.

 Picture 031 Picture 032 Picture 033 Picture 034

The bottom left section of the big tree was their designated decorating spot. It’s a little splotchy, yet cluttered. And I love it. Seeing my babies get in the Christmas spirit makes me so happy. It especially warms my heart to see them naming off everyone in the nativity scene. Even though we do it up big in the decorating & everything that goes with the Christmas season, we will never forget to teach our kids what Christmas is really all about-our sweet Savior’s birth.

Picture 035 Picture 037

The final product. Our living room tree, which is my favorite tree because it has all of our special ornaments that we’ve collected as a family & some that were mine as a child that my mom gave to me.

Picture 067

The mantle with our stockings.

Picture 068

My red, green, & white dining room tree.

Picture 063

Riley’s tree in his room.

Picture 069

And Miss Priss’s tree in her room.

Picture 070

I didn’t put up my 5th tree this year because I let my sister borrow it. But I already have some cute ideas of how I want to do it next year! :0)

Now, on to wrapping presents!

5 comments:

  1. Loving all your decorations. The kids look so cute decorating the tree together, so sweet.

    Thank you for the sweet comment. I was able to get 12 books and then I borred the rest from the library. I'm planning to add more to my collection by buying books after Christmas when there on sale


    Joeylee
    Sweet N Sassy Girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, you crafty decorating lady these trees are stunning! My goodness I wish our house was as beautiful as this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your trees are gorgeous! I love what you have done with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your trees are all amazing!! I am so jealous of your skills!! ha....you could go into business decorating trees!!

    ReplyDelete