Monday, September 14, 2009

Stuffy nose=no more paci

The past week or so Riley & I have both had stuffy noses. Nothing too major, just sinuses I think. Anyway, I believe this little cold has broke Riley from his paci. When he first started acting sick, I gave it to him thinking he would want it, but he would just turn his head, take it out & throw it. I tried several more times before I realized, "He can't breathe through his nose. Why would he want something stuck in his mouth, the only way he can breathe?" Duh. So I quit offering it & he hasn't seemed to care the least little bit that he doesn't have it. We are going on 1.5 weeks now with no paci! At all! I am so excited because I was really nervous about trying to wean him off of that thing. He loved it. But now I don't have to worry about it because he has weaned himself! Woo hoo!

Also, he seems to be sleeping a little better overall now that 3 of those 4 teeth have cut through the gums. There is still one more about to come through & I think maybe even another one is getting ready also. His gums are swollen around it. I know that has to hurt. So bad that he doesn't want to chew any food. I'm just worried that he isn't getting enough to eat. He simply refuses to eat anything except grapes & fig newtons. I did buy him some jars of baby food so that he can get some veggies though. That & V8 Fruit Fusion (mixed with water) has been our best friend. At least when I give him the V8 juice I feel like he's getting a little nutrition. I sure will be glad when these big boy teeth get in so he will go back to eating well again.

4 comments:

  1. I'm very jealous, we are going to have lots of problems with gettin rid of the paci. also I ordered the license plate at a store in jackson but you can get them online if you just type in "house divided license plates"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thats great . . I still need to get rid of Alex nuk! She only has it at night and nap time so thats good but I am still dreading it. Hopeing you guys are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww.. well that is a plus that he broke himself fromt he paci but I hate that he is feeling bad!!! Hope you are feeling better too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smart boy...he was probably thinking "Mom, I can't breathe stop sticking that thing in my mouth" hahaha...Hope you are feeling better! I have had sinus problems since day 1 of being pregnant! All of my preggo books say it's part of it, just one more luxury :) Can't wait to find out what you are having!!!

    ReplyDelete