Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Actual Snow Day!

Yesterday we had the 1st actual snow day of the year! In the past few weeks when everybody around got tons of snow, we just got ice. But yesterday we got snow! And lots of it! It was a huge surprise too. We had no idea it was even coming but we woke up to a winter wonderland. The weatherman said our area got 6-7"! I think we got about 5-6 at our house. That's a LOT for Mississippi!

This was Riley's first real snow that he was able to play in. He hated it at first & wouldn't let me put him down in it. Once he warmed up to it though, he cried when we had to go back inside. He loved stomping in it, but was still hesitant about the deep snow. He would rather play in the driveway where there wasn't quite as much. He never did like touching the snow with his hands. I did have gloves on him, but he didn't like those either & kept pulling them off. I know his little fingers were freezing!

Checking out the snow for the first time. He didn't know what to think!

Picture 3884

When he touched it with his hands he would say "Eewwwww!" Silly boy!

Picture 3891

Still trying to get him to touch it. Haha!

Picture 3897 Picture 3898 Picture 3901 Picture 3905 Picture 3912 Picture 3917 Picture 3930

Yesterday's snow was much better than the last winter storm we got. It was all ice! Here we were playing in it right before I left for Dallas. And yes, I am wearing TAG's huge sweatpants. I wanted to be as comfortable as possible for that long car ride!

Picture 3821Picture 3822 Picture 3826Picture 3823 Picture 3825

All of this snow is nice & very pretty, but I sure am ready for some warmer weather!

4 comments:

  1. These pictures are adorable! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a new follower and just wanted to say hi. Your son is super cute. I'm glad he had fun playing in the snow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww... Riley is so cute playing in the snow! I can't believe Mississippi has gotten that much! These global warming people are crazy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those boots and the snow!!!

    ReplyDelete