TAG snapped this picture of me & the kids a couple days ago & I just had to laugh. This is me in real life. This IS my life. Me with no make up on, only I’m usually in sweatpants. Wrestling with kids who are pulling ornaments off the Christmas tree, not even facing the camera. One child half dressed because he refuses to take his Superman shirt off for 2 days straight, who is whining & wanting me to hold him too. All that’s missing from this picture is me trying to cook supper while folding a load of laundry all in the midst of things. Yep, this is my life. Not always smiling babies with ironed smocked outfits & big bows in their hair behaving ever so perfectly. I know I tend to only write about the happy & exciting things in life when we all know life has just as many downs as it does ups. Regardless of if you are currently in an “up” or a “down” I’m sure we could all think of ways it could be much worse. We have all been blessed in some sort of way. God never promised life would be a bowl full of cherries, but He did promise He would never leave us or forsake us. For that I am most thankful. I couldn’t be more grateful for my two biggest blessings. I have learned so much about myself and about my faith through these precious two. I am thankful that I have the wonderful husband & family that I do to lean on for support or anything for that matter. I am thankful for our health. I am thankful for the roof over our heads & the food in our pantry. I am thankful for the small, but close extended family I have & the love that we share in Jesus Christ.
I am thankful for my crazy-hectic, beautiful, sometimes stressful, always fun, perfect for me,
real life.
Happy Thanksgiving & remember to count your blessings!
Love it! Your real life is a lot like mine lol! Happy thanksgiving!
ReplyDeleteYou're so very right Jess! I needed this reminder today! Thanks for sharing your 'real' life.
ReplyDeleteHappy Thanksgiving!! You look great mother of two!
ReplyDeleteIt's a great impromptu pic! You have a beautiful family, yourself included.
ReplyDeleteHappy Thanksgiving!
I agree so much with this post! I love your "real life" photo! Happy Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeleteLove it!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful post and very well written. I have so many pictures that look like that. I can relate :) Only I was never that skinny :) In my dreams I am that skinny :)
ReplyDelete