Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Our “Big News”

A while back I mentioned that we had some big things going on. No, I am not pregnant but a childhood friend of mine, Rachel, just announced on her blog that she is expecting baby #2! I am so excited for her! So since I am not pregnant, what could it be? My news is not exactly the best news. Back in early December my husband’s gym closed down. It was a very quick thing to happen with literally no warning. December 8th at 5:00 pm TAG’s business partner called him & said to be sure to bring all of his stuff home with him that night because he was shutting the gym down at midnight. Although the gym was doing great & new people were signing up daily, he said that he just couldn’t put forth the effort right now. Without him, there was no way TAG could run the business by himself. Plus he was the main owner & what he said went. I think it was totally wrong & selfish of him to just spring it on TAG like that. But what can ya do?

TAG came home that night & told me the news. I immediately started FREAKING out. Remember I only work part time. My salary is not enough to support a family of four. Plus Christmas was right around the corner. So yea, I freaked. But TAG, being the level-headed guy he is, calmed me down & reminded me that it’s not the end of the world. We will make it through. He immediately got in touch with a few connections & got a temporary job lined up until he can find something else. Now he is working on a receiving line at a warehouse. The hours are long (usually 12-13 hour days) & the pay is half of what he was getting before. On top of that, when he gets off there he goes to another gym to speed train some people. He leaves the house around 5:30 am & gets home around 7:30 pm. I know he’s exhausted. I’ve been working an extra day or 2 at work here & there to help fill in as well.

Not gonna lie, it’s been hard. But we’re totally fine. We have all we need & I know he will get a good job offer soon…hopefully. There is just not many jobs out there right now in the area we want to be in. We got our hopes up a couple different times with some possible job offers that ended up not working out. I think I’m more bummed about it than him. He knows how to bring me back to earth when I haven fallen off. He is definitely my rock.

So that’s it. Our “big news”. At one time there was going to be more to the story, but it didn’t exactly happen. Not to say that it won’t in the future though. It’s just obviously not God’s plan for us right now. We pray daily that the unknown part of all this will soon become known. And it all will. Just in God’s time, not ours.

To Be Continued…

13 comments:

  1. Praying for you all !!!! I am sure it is so hard and you do worry but god always has a bigger plan!! Timmy got laid off when Brody was 2 weeks old and I was not working but god helped us pull thru to bigger and better things and he will to you all too!!! Stay strong girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all I'm so truly sorry to hear about the struggles you guys have been having. I will most definitely be praying for you guys.
    I know God hears our prayers.

    Also Congrats to your best friend, A new human being is always such a great blessing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear that. I had no idea. Praying for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry yall have to go through that :( My husband and I just went through a similar situation and God finally blessed him with a new job a couple of months ago. Its so hard but God is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jessica, I'm so sorry that your family is going through this. I'll be praying for you and TAG. God has a plan and I'm sure it will all work out just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying so very hard for your family Jessica. I know so many families that are going through similar situations right now. I love that you and TAG both have a positive outlook on this situation. Loves!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for you guys! Change of any kind can be so scary and hard at times. You have the right attitude and stay focused on God's plan is best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for you guys! Change of any kind can be so scary and hard at times. You have the right attitude and stay focused on God's plan is best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praying for you guys! Something bigger and better is waiting but it's in God's time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I seriously thought you were preggo when I read this headline. LOL, But so happy for your friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry you guys are having a tough time, hope a wonderful job makes itself available for TAG soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praying for you. My husband went through an unemployment period a while ago and I know it's SO stressful. Praying TAG finds something permanent soon and y'all keep your sanity in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Praying for you girl! I know how tough that is. God will open a door for your family, stay faithful to that. Even when your income changes it's amazing how God utilizes what we have to stretch a long ways!

    ReplyDelete