Monday, January 3, 2011

So much to catch up on

Averly has been doing so much new stuff lately & I just haven’t had time to update. She is growing up before my eyes! We just had her 9 month check-up on Friday, but she is practically 10 months now. She weighed 24 pounds, 7 ounces & was 30.4 inches long. My little big Sugar Plum! We left the doctor with a healthy report, most importantly.

Picture 204

She has been walking for a month now but she has recently gotten so good at it! She will walk around the entire house & follow Riley around. They play so well together. It warms my heart to see these two having so much fun with each other.

This video is a couple weeks old so you can only imagine how fast she is now!


Averly loves music. Anytime she hears it, she starts clapping & dancing! Her absolute favorite song is the Hot Dog song from Mickey Mouse. She especially loves for her Dada to sing it! :0) I will try & get a video of her dancing with my other camera so I can upload it. It is the funniest thing! She gets down low & drops her booty. We laugh & say she’s dropping it like it’s hot! Haha!

On December 15th, I got my first slobbery sugar from my sweet baby girl! I love how babies kiss with their little mouths wide open like a baby bird. Precious.

Picture 203

She loves to play peek-a-boo with blankets, pillows, bowls…really anything that she can grab & cover her face up with.

Santa brought Averly several new baby dolls & she is already so motherly with them. If you say “Love the baby” she will hug the doll & pat it’s back. It brought tears to my eyes seeing her do it for the first time. Gah, where did my little baby go?!

Picture 208

She is eating more & more solid foods. I think her favorite so far has been spaghetti. Either that or chicken & dumplins. She is definitely my child!

We’ve had a few boo boos lately as well. Christmas day Riley wanted her to “hide” in the closet & he slammed her thumb in the door. Her poor little thumb has been swollen & her finger was bent backwards. I asked the doctor about it Friday & he said that it didn’t look infected but that she might lose her nail. :0( Then on Saturday she fell & hit her eye on Riley’s stepstool. We thought she was going to have a black eye, but so far it’s just a little knot on her cheekbone. She is super-tough though. TAG says she’s as tough as Chuck Norris! I guess the second child generally is when they have a big brother like my Riley man!

Picture 209

Happy New Year! We stayed in & went to bed shortly after midnight. My how things change when you have kids!

7 comments:

  1. She is getting so big!! I have had problems getting on and commenting. I hope yiu had a great new years!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant believe how big she is getting! precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, look at how big she is!! That pink dress is beautiful on her! I cannot believe she is walking already! Aren't big slobbery kisses the best =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is gorgeous and I love how sweet you dress her. Wow she was walking early. That is great. She is doing so well. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is getting so big! Adorable pictures! I love her smocked dress...so cute! I can't believe our baby girls are getting so big and walking around!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe how well she is getting around already!! Did Riley walk that early too?! They say that the second one is quicker...to keep up with big brother :)

    ReplyDelete