Averly has really been putting on a show with all the new things she is learning. Here are some things she is doing lately.
She can point out her hair, ears, nose, tongue, hands, belly & feet. She says “urr” for ear & “bey” for belly. A couple times she has said “bey bun” {belly button}. She has actually seemed to go more for 2 words at a time or multiple syllable words than just the basic ball, dog, etc. Some words this little toot has been tackling are “Curious George”. We were reading a Curious George book, I pointed to George & said “That’s Curious George.” She looked at me & replied “Curious George” {very clearly, ha!}. I about died laughing. It was just so funny coming out of her little mouth!
Other ‘big’ words she has said include “te bear” & “tii caa” {kitty cat}. She will also point to a baby chick in a book & say “chii chii”, birds & say “tee tee tee”, sheep & say “baaa”, cow & say “vvooo”, and trains & say “choo choo” but she says choo choo very quietly-almost like a whisper.
Lately she has started saying “bye” with her waving hand motions. Then last night she said “g-bye” after hearing a toy computer she was playing with say Good-bye.
She will now bring us her cup & point to the refrigerator when she wants more to drink.
She has started “singing” along now when I rock her before bed. She’ll just kinda hum along to “Jesus Loves Me” & “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star” but if we sing “Old McDonald”, she will say “ei, ei, ei, ei” as well as try most of the animal sounds. I could just eat her up it’s so cute!
She tries to jump & it is one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen! She will crouch down real low, then throw her arms up, grunt & ‘jump’. She actually just stands up real fast but she sure thinks she is jumping to the moon!
Last week she got a little bit of a runny nose-just allergies this time of year, but still no fun. I guess she got tired of me constantly wiping her nose & decided that she would just blow it when I put the tissue up to her face. It was more her spitting than blowing her nose, but at least she got the concept.
As of Saturday, April 23rd, Averly is officially weaned! The night before was her last time to nurse & really her last time to even show interest in wanting to. This is such a bittersweet time for me. On one hand, I am so sad that my baby is not really a ‘baby’ anymore. She is supposed to still be a tiny little infant that just lays there & smiles at me all day. Not running around the house chasing her brother. Then on the other hand, I am proud that I reached my goal of 1 year (actually 13 months) of breastfeeding but I am glad to not have her only wanting to nurse when I hold her, especially at night. The last couple weeks at bed time have been some of my favorite times with Averly yet. Now that she isn’t fussing to nurse, we can just sit & rock while we read books & sing. It literally melts me when she just lays in my arms & looks up at me while I sing to her. I am by no means a good singer, but she listens to me so intently like it’s the best thing she’s ever heard. I wish I could just bottle up that feeling of her precious big eyes starting up at me like I’m the only thing that matters in the world. Sweet times like this I will cherish forever.
Her favorite foods are blueberries & raisins. This girl would eat a whole big bag of raisins if I would let her. Some of her other favorites are Mandarin oranges, apples, lasagna, spaghetti, green peas & lima beans.
My little Pumpkin Pie is solid! She weighs about 26 pounds & I’m not sure exactly how tall she is right now. I’ll have to measure her soon. She is mainly wearing 18M clothes, but still wears a lot of 12M dresses & has even worn a thing or two that is 24M. I’m also not really sure exactly what size shoe she wears because it just depends on the brand. She wears anywhere from a 4.5 to a 6 in most shoes though. Her feet are so thick that a lot of shoes won’t fasten after we get them on. Riley was the same way so I’m sure her feet will slim up soon.
She is such a little explorer. She loves to get into everything. Especially my diaper bag & wallet. She will pull every book off her bookshelf one by one & will do the same with toys in a toy box. I love to watch her study each thing before she tosses it to the side.
I love this little girl more than words could ever say. I am so blessed & thankful to be her Mama & I thank God that I am every single day.
Happy Almost 14 Months, Sugar Poo! We love you so, so much!


She is so cute. Where do you get all her cute clothes. She always looks so sweet with her matching hair bows. Precious. She is getting so big.
ReplyDeleteShe has really took a growth spurt, Jessica! 13 months of breast feeding is so wonderful. I am just crossing my fingers that it works out for me this time! Averly looks super cute as always in all of her little outfits. She is such a smart girl too! Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day this weekend!
ReplyDeleteI could just eat her up - she is so precious!! And I feel like her 1st birthday was just yesterday - she is growing up way too fast!
ReplyDeleteShe is just so precious! Her eyes are so amazing!
ReplyDeleteAvin does the same thing with Jumping. I love it. You tell her to jump and she does that exact same thing and LOVES IT.
ReplyDeleteShe is really saying a ton of words. Avin still only says mama, dada, she tries to say bath time ah ha but that is really it. Hoping she starts talking more soon.
Love all the pictures. Oh she sure is cue and growing !