I have not been very good about updating Averly’s monthly stats, so here is most of everything she has been doing over the last month or so.
She peels oranges & throws it in the trash on her own. She will also throw away any papers that she can get her hands on so I kinda have to be careful. She loves to dig in my wallet & pull out receipts.
Her vocabulary has really taken off recently. I still don’t think she talks as much as Riley did at this age, but he is a motor mouth so that’s ok! Some things she has learned to say in the past few weeks are:
"bruu” (brother)
“nigh nigh” (night night)
"taooou" (thank you)
”shooo” (shoe)
“chaaa” (chair)
“raee (Riley)
“Vivi”
“chee” (cheese)
“juuu” (juice) & runs to refrigerator when she wants something to drink.
She says "uh uh" & shakes head if she doesn't want something.
Said "boo boo" & showed me her foot when she stepped on a rock the other day.
She makes monkey, rooster, & turkey sounds now in addition to all the others she knows.
This is a big one…she loves to sit on the potty & say "pee pee", then point to the toilet paper. Even though nothing has happened yet, I am so pumped that she is interested in the potty this early!
Most everything she says has "ze" in front of it. Like “ze Bubba”, “ze dog”, etc. I think she’s trying to say “see” but she sounds French.
She recently stopped trying to eat the crayons & actually colors with Riley. It’s so precious to see them playing together. Love.It.
She likes to dip foods as of a couple weeks ago. Says "deee" for dip. One time she dipped carrots in ketchup & ate it up. Yum…
Cute story: a week or so ago the kids were running through the laundry room playing & Averly shut the door on Riley’s foot. He was fine but she’s getting to the age that she needs to start learning discipline so I told her to go hug Riley & tell him she was sorry. I figured she would hug him because I knew she knows what that means, but she looked at him & said “Sawy Raee”. Then ran over to him with her arms out wanting a hug, smacking her lips for a kiss. I couldn’t help but to laugh because it caught me off guard so! It was probably the cutest thing I have ever seen!!
The other day she brought me a dead bug saying "zzzzz". Haha!
She has 10 teeth & may be close to getting 2 more up top. She just got her 1 year molars on the bottom. (I think that’s what they’re called?)
Miss Diva says "cheese" for camera now! Here is a *totally-out-of-focus-because-Riley-took-it-but-I-love-it-anyway* picture of her saying “cheeeeese” for us.
I’d say one of her favorite things to do now is talk on the phone to her Dada. It melts my heart hearing her jabber away to him.
Her favorite person right now is her Bubba (my dad). She wakes up in the mornings looking for him & calls his name all day. Right now the kids are staying a couple days at my parents’ house so she is in heaven being with him 24/7!
She waves at birds as they fly by & yells “tee teee” (tweet tweet).
As of June 1st, she can drink out of a straw with no problem.
Her hair is really starting to lighten up since the summer started. Of course I love it any color, but it’s funny to think that her hair started out as dark as mine & now has some blond streaks in it! I wonder what it will look like by the end of summer?
She has learned to call “Giiin Giiiin!!” {My parents’ dog.}
Anytime she sees flowers, she sniffs them.
Our bed time routine is still one of my favorite parts of the day. She grabs a book off the bottom shelf of her bookcase & climbs up in the rocker waiting for me to read it to her. We read (she loves to read “booa” {books} now too) & sing, then she tells me she’s ready to get in her crib by pointing at it & saying “bed".
Back when American Idol was still on she would clap along with the audience every time they clapped as if she were there with them.
She gives the BEST hugs ever. Big ole bear hugs! She holds your face & squeezes so tight & says “uh uh uh”! Speaking of sweetness, she has been giving sugar on demand for a while now too. Sometimes we even get lucky enough that we don’t even have to ask for it. She’ll just run to us smacking!
Averly, I love you with all my heart & more!!! You are growing up on me so fast that I can’t even keep up with everything you are doing nowadays. You will always be my precious baby girl though!
One more “cheeeese” picture.


Such a cutie! And I can't believe how light her hair is getting!
ReplyDeleteI hope y'all are having a great summer so far!
she looks like she is really growing! and seeing the words that she says makes me feel better about avin because she does not have many words yet but slowly she is getting there.
ReplyDeletelove hearing all about her!