Saturday, May 23, 2009
9 Month Check-up
We went to Riley's 9 month check-up this morning. He weighs 20 lbs, 3 oz & is 30 inches long. He is in the 50th percentile for weight & 90th percentile for height. No big surprise there! Overall he looked great, but we are going to have to see a Pediatric Orthopaedics doctor in the next few weeks for Riley's hips and knees. When Dr. Phillips asked me if I had any concerns or questions for him, I did have one. I hesitated to ask it at first because I wasn't sure if this was normal for a child his age or if it is something he would just grow out of later. When Riley stands, he doesn't lock his knees. It looks as if he is squatting a little. Nothing too severe & probably not very noticeable to anyone other than me, to be honest. Just one of those things that sticks out to a mother. It became a concern to me mainly because the doctors have always kept a close eye on his hips since he was a breech baby. Breech babies are more at risk for hip problems due to the way they are in the womb. After Dr. Phillips checked it out & determined that something isn't 100% right, he brought in another doctor to get a second opinion. They agreed that I needed to take him to a Pediatric Orthopaedics doctor to have him checked out. So Dr. Phillips referred him to Dr. Jim Beaty, the Chief of Staff at Campbell Clinic. He is going to have his nurse get me the 1st open appointment with this doctor & call me on Tuesday to let me know when we will be able to get in. They will probably start with some x-rays & then go from there. I am praying that it ends up being nothing to be concerned with. I'll definitely keep everyone updated, but please say a little prayer for my baby boy if you don't mind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Goodness Brody weighs almost as much as him, lol I have a chunk!!
ReplyDeleteI will be praying for him!! I hope everything goes okay!!
Hey, I wanna start Brody on some veggies and fruits, have any tips for me??:)