Monday, May 11, 2009

My 1st Mother's Day


I hope all of you moms had a wonderful Mother's Day. My 1st was great! Last week I had a little help from Riley wrapping my mom's rose bush that we gave her.



Friday we had Riley's 8 month pictures...well it was supposed to be his 8 month pictures but he will be 9 months Wednesday! (We kept having to reschedule & thought we were going to have to again for rain.) We went ahead & decided to keep the date and I am so glad we did. It turned out to be a beautiful day here. We met our photographer, Jody at a local park & found some great open areas with a few trees. Perfect for pictures. I CANNOT wait to see the proofs! I'll be sure & post the link when they are up.

Our preacher's baby girl Allie had her 1st Birthday party Saturday. I didn't get any pictures of her opening presents because I was taking some with Anisa's (Allie's mom) camera for her. She was so cute tearing the paper though!

I love this one of her eating her cake & crying. ;0)


After the party we headed to my parents' house to stay the night with them. My sister just got a new puppy that we met for the first time Saturday. Riley LOVED playing with her. He didn't know what to think about a dog that small!

She loved him too!

I loved my first Mother's Day! I am so blessed to have my mom & my baby boy to celebrate Mother's Day with me. Yesterday was very relaxed. We ate lunch & played outside most of the day. Also, I think everyone got a nap in except me & my mom. Go figure...both of the moms didn't get to nap on Mother's Day!


Oh, and we played a lot of Peek-A-Boo!

I just noticed there is a lot of green going on in those pictures! Haha!


3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you had a great first mothers day! Nothing like a good one to set the tone for all the rest! :)

    You pictures are totally adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love the pictures of you all playing peek-a-boo!!!! Precious!!!1 Your hair is beautiful!! Glad you had a good mother's day!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey!!! thanks for the comment - the camera is a nikon d40 (which i think now they have the nikon d60 as the newest model). i love it. if you hope to start a minor photography business, its good to know that this camera does not autofocus ALL lenses. only the ones that have "AF" on them. BUT, i have an extra lens (the one i use to take the focused-subject-but-blurry-background pics) and i just have to manually focus it all the time. not really a problem unless, like i said, you plan on starting a minor or major photography business. the camera, though, is wonderful and i love it! my sister has the newer d60 and it is almost exactly like mine. i cant find anything hers can do that mine cant and vice versa.
    the sunglasses - they are from walmart. my mom bought him a pair too but i dont know where they are from. if i find out or see some other pairs about, i will let you know!

    email me if you have any other questions: nattyroe@gmail.com

    :) happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete