It is so hard for me to believe that my baby boy is 9 months old already! Where, oh where has the time gone? My baby is turning into a toddler right before my eyes! He is becoming more independent & exploring things on his own, but still turns around every so often to make sure we are right behind him. His personality is becoming more apparent every day. He is such a funny little guy! We always blow on his belly to tickle him & lately he has been doing it back to us. The other day we sat in the floor & he blew on my leg for about 10 minutes straight, stopping only to raise up & laugh. He loves the sound it makes & is so proud that he can do it.
He is also becoming quite the daredevil. A couple of weeks ago, he stood on his own for about 15 seconds & has gotten much better the last few days. He has been cruising back & forth from the couch to the end tables for a while now and has almost perfected his stretch from one to the other! Daddy said he even took a few steps last night on his own! Of course I missed it, but I guess that marks his 1st steps!
We have baby proofed the cabinets, electrical sockets, etc since he is into EV.ER.Y.THING. I cannot go from one room to the next without my "shadow" following close behind. He never sits still. Loves being on the go at all times.
Another thing he loves is water! He has a fit to drink water. He prefers to drink it out of our glasses, but will settle for his sippy cup too. He is so funny drinking from a big glass. I'll have to post a video of him. It really is hilarious. He now wants to fed himself finger foods & sometimes tries to grab the spoon when we are feeding him. He is eating more table foods now, so he gets a lot of the same foods we are eating. I tried to do the "mainly organic food" route with him, but that has gone right out the window for the most part now that he is eating table foods. TAG & I are not organic junkies & now that he is wanting to eat our food, it's not looking so great for the home team with that one. Oh well...I tried & he does still get organic foods every now & then.
He still loves cuddling & being held before he goes to sleep. I'm ok with that-actually, I love that he wants to be held before bedtime. He is hardly ever still any other time of the day for me to hold him so I take advantage of it at night. I've heard over & over not to hold & rock your baby to sleep because they will expect it every night. That's fine by me. I enjoy that time.
On the other hand, Riley still hates having his diaper changed. He can't stand to lay still on his back for even the short period of time it takes me to get him changed. Same goes for getting dressed. He cannot sit still for more than .5 seconds! Wiggle worm!
Happy 9 months sweetheart! I love you more than you will ever know!


be glad he likes to eat and drink from your plates and cups.....cheaper at restuarants!!
ReplyDeleteaww Happy 9 months Riley!!!!!! Sounds like he is such a little character!!
ReplyDelete