I cannot believe Christmas is next week!! I am so excited for this Christmas because Riley will be a little more aware of what's going on than last year when he was only 4 months old. Christmas is by far my favorite time of year. I love everything about it: the birth of my Savior, being with family, the smells, the food, the decorations & lights, Santa, the music, being warm & cozy on a cold winter night all snuggled up watching A Christmas Story or some other great Christmas movie. Nothing beats Christmas time in my eyes.
Riley has really started hamming it up for pictures. Big time. This kid knows what to do when he sees a camera! TAG says he looks like he is practicing for his career as a male model the way he automatically & constantly cheeses so big for the camera. ;0) We don't even have to jump around looking silly to get him to smile anymore. We just say "cheese" & this is what we get.
Since I was feeling a little better Sunday, we decided to go see Santa Claus after church. Last year we went to the crazy busy mall & stood in line for close to 2 hours. This year we decided not to go that route. We went to Cedar Hill Farm to see what it would be like. This was their 1st year to have Santa so we figured it wouldn't be too crowded.
We go to early church so we were out by 10:30 & needed to kill some time before they opened at 12. We ate Mexican & TAG ran in Wal-Mart to grab a few things while Riley & I sat in the car, then it was time to go see Santa!
We were trying to pump Riley up the whole way there by telling him who he was about to see & asking him what Santa says. He is getting better at it, but just says 2 "Ho Ho's". It almost sounds like his monkey sound. :0)
More cheesing on the way in the car.
We got there right as they opened the farm at 12:00 & we were the 1st ones there! We even beat Santa so they told us to go down to his cabin & he would be there shortly. We made our way down the hill & stopped for a couple pictures & about that time we heard Santa saying "HO HO HO" & his jingle bells ringing as he walked over the hill. I wish we would've gotten a picture of Riley's face when he heard him. It was priceless. He couldn't see him at the time so he couldn't figure out where it was coming from, but he was in awe looking around & listening. Then we saw him & Riley got so excited. He was laughing & acting like he couldn't wait to give him a hug.
But that wasn't the case. Not at all. Once we got inside the cabin & I sat him on his lap it was over. He did sit still for a short while & I got a few decent pictures, but then he had had enough. He never cried or screamed, just whimpered a little & squirmed to get down.



Such cute stories - I love it when I find ways to beat the crowds! You have such a beautiful family, Jess!
ReplyDeleteHow much fun your alls Christmas tree farm sounds!!! My dad used to sell Christmas trees in our front yard when we were little!! Love Rileys christmas outfit, he is so adorable!! What a fun santa experience!! Love the family picture, so cute!!
ReplyDeleteHe's so cute! I love his Christmas outfit! How fun to have owned a tree farm. We went a few times to one when I was a kid and I just remember having a blast!
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures! Riley is growing up and so cute! I would of loved to have owned a tree farm! Hope you're doing great! Sry, I lost contact for so long!
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas!