Monday, January 4, 2010

Down with Riley’s Crib, Up with Averly’s Crib

This past weekend we did a little more work on the baby's room...actually to both kids' rooms.

Riley has not actually slept in his crib since we was about 13 or 14 months old. We got a hand-me-down twin size bed that was my grandfather's & I think my dad slept on it when he was young, too. Anyway we got it way back in June & have had it up in Riley's room ever since. We changed our nightly routine to be done while sitting in his big boy bed. We read a book, say our prayers, then I lay down beside him until he falls asleep. For a long time we would move him to the crib once he was asleep, but then he started waking up & not wanting to be in it so we figured it would be easier just to leave him in the bed. We got one of those rail things to keep him from rolling off but he has actually done really well with the transition on his own. He has slept solely in the big bed for a month or more but I just haven't been able to take his crib down. I feel like it's the last piece of "baby" left in him & it makes me so sad that he's growing up so fast. So the crib stayed. Unoccupied for the longest. Just taking up space. Until this weekend. With all the toys Riley got for Christmas, we were either going to have to add on to our house or make room with what we've got. We do have a bonus room upstairs, which is what I have always intended on being the playroom, but Josh is staying in that room for now soooo....I decided it was finally time to take his crib down. Plus, since we put up Averly's (yes, we decided on Averly Brooke in case anyone was wondering!) crib, it was perfect timing. We used Riley's mattress so we didn't have to buy another one.

Of course I had to document the bittersweet occurrence with pictures.

Picture 3727

Last time my baby boy will be in his crib. :0(

Picture 3733 Picture 3730

As hard as it was for me to see Riley's crib being taken down, I am very excited about all the extra space we have in his room now. He actually has room to play in there!

Then we put up sister's bed in what is currently the guest room. I guess TAG's "man room" will be the new guest room! I'll definitely have to put some feminine touches in it soon. :0) I also got Averly's closet organized & some of her clothes hung yesterday too. That was a big job & I'm so glad it's done!

Riley thought her crib was a jungle gym for him I think! Next step: move that queen size bed out & we will be close to finished with her room. Finally!

Picture 3725

No baby sister yet, but I did hit 30 weeks today! We are definitely getting closer & closer!

Picture 3734

I know I'm a few days late, but I hope everyone had a wonderful New Years! We all stayed in watching Tennessee get killed in the Chick-fil-a bowl & I think we were in bed by 10:30 or so! That's fine by me though. We needed the rest for sure!

3 comments:

  1. I want to see more of her room :) I am so glad this babies room is almost complete with only a few things that are left to be done! He looks like such a big boy! How do you think he will handle being a big brother!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww I can't believe he is in a big boy bed! Brody has never slept in his crib.. he has hated it!! It changes into a toddler bed and I am wanting to go ahead and change it but Im going to wait a little longer.

    I love the name Averly and I love her bedding!! Congrats on being 30 weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you are already 30 weeks!! You better get Averly's room ready, she'll be here soon! :) I have a feeling Emmett is going to lose his "man cave" to a playroom one day. Maybe if it happens to TAG first it will make it easier to break the news to Emmett...haha

    ReplyDelete