When I scheduled THIS post to publish on July 8th, I didn’t even realize at the time that it was the day Averly turned 4 months old. So as a continuation to that post, here is a little more that my pumpkin pie has been up to.
Her little personality is really starting to take shape. She laughs & laughs at Riley and is beginning to interact with him a little more.
She holds & plays with toys. Brings them to her mouth.
She is super ticklish, especially around her neck.
She is wearing a size 2 diaper, but I have some 2-3’s that we are about to move her up to. Mostly 3-6 month clothes, but still some 3 month & some 6 month.
She has started liking her paci. I have rarely been able to get her to suck on it, but she is coming around to it & will want it every now & then when she’s sleepy.
This is her new trick she likes to do. She’ll stick her tongue out & then laugh. It is sooo cute! Sometimes when I’m feeding her she will stop eating, look up at me & stick her tongue out, then laugh & go back to eating. Little stinker!
She is a very happy, content baby. Nothing really seems to bother her. Except lately her teeth. I expect to see a tooth in her mouth any day now. She drools puddles & is soaked within 5 minutes of getting a new outfit on. And she has even had a screaming fit that lasted for 1.5 hours one evening. Nothing could soothe her for the longest but she finally tired out & fell asleep. We did get some teething tablets for her & they have seemed to help.
Saturday, July 10th was her first night to try rice cereal. I hesitated to give it to her just yet because it makes her seem so old to be eating already! But she has been waking up around 4-5:00 in the morning lately wanting to eat, so I figured we would go ahead & give it a shot. So far (it has only been 2 nights) it hasn’t seemed to help all that much. She is still waking up once a night, but I really think part of it is due to her teeth hurting her.
Riley cracks me up in this picture. He was pointing to his mouth & saying “eat…mouth”. I guess he was trying to give her some advice on eating & how to do it. :0)
Averly seemed so excited & anxious to get that spoon in her mouth. She even tried to help shovel it in on the first bite.
But…she hated the stuff. She made the funniest faces when she was trying to swallow it.
Then TAG took a turn at feeding her, but she still did NOT like it.
“Eww what are you feeding me, Dada?”
The next morning, July 11th , 2010 we had Averly’s Baby Baptism. It was such a special day for my sweet girl & I can’t wait for the day to see her (and Riley) at their Believer’s Baptism as well. Family came into town for the occasion, but somehow I managed not to get any pictures of anyone. I was too caught up in taking them of my precious baby.
And in case you’re wondering, yes, that’s the gown she came home from the hospital in.
This was the best picture my sister could get of the actual Baptism. Averly did so well & didn’t make a peep the whole time we were up there. I am so proud of her.
Averly, these past 4 months have been nothing short of amazing. I love watching you grow & change every single day. I never knew I could feel such a love for not only one, but two angels that God has given me.
Happy 4 months sweetheart! You are loved more than you’ll ever know.



What a sweetie... AND our girls were baptised the same day! God must have been smiling to get two such beautiful lambs into His fold!
ReplyDelete4 months already . . time is going so fast. I can't believe it. You are so lucky she laughs and giggles Alex and now Avin are not laughers at all. Avin is super super smiley but barlye ever cracks a laugh.
ReplyDeleteget her laugh on video for me so I can atleast hear one baby laugh :)