My sweet Averly turned 5 months old yesterday but I just never can get around to blogging on Sundays. So here we go a day late. Baby girl is growing so fast! I can no longer say that I have a newborn & it makes me so sad. She is really coming into her own & does the cutest little things now. Like when she’s eating she rubs my arm & my chest (Riley actually did this too). I love the feeling of her soft little hand on my arm. It melts my heart every time. She also likes to grab at our faces & hair. Before, she would grab hair somewhat unintentionally but now she aims for it. TAG’s facial hair is another favorite to grab at.
She loves to lay with her feet crossed & does about 90% of the time. Which is why this picture is so funny to me. All sprawled out. TAG said she looks like an old man in a recliner after a long day.
She is still teething like crazy & I wouldn’t be surprised if she gets another one or two very soon. My kids seem to be very early teethers. Practically getting them all in at once. She bit me for the first time yesterday too. And I mean hard. While she was nursing. Ouch!
I don’t think it will be much longer before she is sitting on her own. She is pretty good at keeping her balance & will sit up for a split second if we position her just right.
Unless she has on some super cute shoes that she wants to get a closer look at. ;0) She is very interested in her feet. Shoes or no shoes, she is always reaching for those sweet little “tootsies” as my grandmother always called them.
I know this picture is pitiful but you can actually see her 2 little teeth! Aren’t they so cute?! I’m sure they were the reason for her fussing here too. She has started sucking on her bottom lip a lot. I guess it feels weird having those new teeth in there. It’s the cutest little face!
She is in mostly 6 month clothes, but can still squeeze into some 3 month dresses. Pajamas are definitely 9 months right now.
The little chunk is wearing a size 3 diapers & as you can see from the pictures, they are holding on for dear life around those nun nuhs. Riley wears a size 4 & I’ve put one of those on her a time or 2 but they are still a little too big. I wish they made size 3-4. While I’m on the subject of diapers, I saw size 6s the other day for the first time ever. I thought 5 was as big as they went. With my butterball though we may just have to buy some size 6 before it’s over with!
I swear she already knows her name. She turns her head to look if we say it.
I’ve said it before & I know I’ll say it again a million times, but I am so blessed to be this little girl’s mother. She is the light of my life & brings me so much joy. I could never even begin to describe the love I feel for this precious baby. The feeling that this little tiny person relies on me for everything is a thought that I have yet to wrap my mind around. Even though this is my second go ‘round with a baby, it feels brand new. And so great. So perfect. God knew what He was doing when He gave me this girl! She completes our family of four. She completes me.
Happy 5 Months, my sweet angel. Your Daddy & I love you to the moon & back. Times infinity.


Wow I can't believe she is already 5 months old! She is growing way too fast!!! So cute!
ReplyDeleteI love her, she is soo cute! Love her hair :) avin has no hair.
ReplyDeleteLove the picture with the guitar!! Love that you notice how she always has her feet crossed.. It is funny thing patterns or the things they do over and over :)
Avin has no teeth yet but I think they might be coming. Can't believe she already has 2!!!! Did she do funny things with her mouth before they came in?