Friday, August 13, 2010

Wait, you mean I have a 2 year old?!

Picture 046

Riley,

Today you turn 2 years old. Woah. Before you were born people would tell me all the time how fast you would grow up. Sure I believed them, but really just took it with a grain of salt. I justknew my baby would be a baby forever. The days wouldn’t fly by. I wouldn’t have to even think about potty training for a long time. I could just sit & hold that tiny baby as I watch him sleep all the live long day. Well I was definitely wrong in that area. Those days did fly by. And my baby is no longer a baby.

The last 2 years have been the best years of my life. You bring me such joy. You are my sunshine. Literally. No matter how bad my day is going, just one bright smile from you or word out of your precious mouth or a big bear hug from you makes it all better. You are a wild-at-heart, strong-willed little boy, but at the same time you are so sweet & affectionate. You truly care about others, even at your young age. Your newest phrase is “Oh no! What happened?” if something seems wrong or out of place. Then you intently wait for an answer to the problem. If your little sister is upset you try your best to console her. Put her paci in her mouth, cover her with a blanket, give her a toy. Whatever it takes. If you see someone crying (in real life or on TV) you begin to cry as well. You really do have a tender heart.

Your favorite game to play is “Boo”. At least that’s what you call it. Technically it’s Hide & Seek. You get one of us to go hide. You count. Then run to find us. Only thing is you want us to jump out & say boo to scare you. Then you laugh hysterically. I guess you enjoy being scared. :0)

You said your first full sentence about a week ago. You were looking for a ball. When you found it you said “I found that ball!” I love your little voice. I love hearing you chatter.

You can be quite the drama queen king at times. Like last night I was taking the cover off of your carseat to wash it. You were apparently really worried about it because you kept trying to sit in it & were saying “Oh no!!! My carseat!” And started crying a little. It was like I was throwing away your favorite toy or something. A few days ago you put your sunglasses on, looked at your Dad & said “Movie star!” If that’s what you want to be, I have no doubt in my mind that you can make it with your outgoing personality. I have no doubt in my mind that you can be anythingyou want to be. I am more than proud of you & who you are already. So is Dada.

So as hard as it is for me to write or say it, I now have a 2 year old. That seems crazy to me. I tear up just thinking about it. No joke. I’m about to cry sitting here typing this. And did tear up telling a co-worker that my baby boy is two today. She said she doesn’t want to be anywhere near me on your first day of school because I will definitely be a mess that day. She’s right. I know I will be. I don’t even want to think about it. But I now know that it really will be here in the blink of an eye. I try so hard to slow down & soak in every minute with you & your sister. I am so thankful that I only have to be away from y’all 2-3 days a week.

Happy 2nd Birthday, my sweet angel baby. No matter how old you get to be, you really will always be my baby.

We love you more than you'll ever know!

Dada, Mama & Averly


4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your sweet Riley!! I can't believe he's two. Time does seem to go by faster these days! Enjoy that sweet boy on his birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope he had a wonderful birthday!! Two years went by fast .. it is so hard with kids times goes sooo fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to sweet Riley! I bet it seems so weird to you to have a two year old. I can only imagine. Cooper is rounding 1 already and I feel like its way to soon.

    ReplyDelete