Monday, April 27, 2009

Daddy's Birthday

Riley & I got completely dressed & ready the afternoon of Daddy's birthday to go out to eat with just the 3 of us. Of course Riley couldn't sit still waiting on Daddy to get home from work & he had to play a little. In doing so, he spit up all over his outfit. I should've known better than to have him in it before time to leave...at least I got some quick pictures of him. He looked so cute!


So I decided he could match Daddy for the night in his Polo.

We enjoyed a nice semi-quiet ;0) family dinner out, then went back home & watched Marley & Me before time to put Riley to bed. (We had a crawfish boil Sunday afternoon to celebrate with family & friends, but I'll get to it later.) Marley reminds me so much of our dog, Zeke. He destroys everything he comes into contact with. Everything. I'm almost convinced he is some sort of mutant rather than a dog because he has been known to digest some strange things--queen size blankets, plastic water bowls, pieces of our stone patio, his collar, underground cable lines--I mean really? Plus, our backyard looks like it's been booby trapped with holes everywhere you step. I don't know what he is digging for, but apparently he hasn't found it because there is a new hole(s) every day! We have had the telephone company come out to our house 3 times so far because we (i.e. Zeke) were the cause of several power outages in our neighborhood. The lines are buried 8 inches underground yet Zeke manages to locate them, dig them up & destroy them. Geez! My mom just tried last week to plant a Crete Myrtle in our backyard that she brought from her house. I told her good luck but it won't last over 24 hours back there with the beast. And it didn't. The next day it was strewn all over the yard. Also, Friday our air conditioner wouldn't come on. Normally this time of year I don't have the air on much anyway, but it got up to almost 90 degrees last week! Anyways, can you guess where I'm going with this one? Yep. Zeke ate the air conditioner power lines. There has been many times that I was ready to give up on this poor dog, but just can't. As horrible as this dog is, he is so sweet. He really means well...just gets bored & is still in that "puppy stage"...I hope. Plus, he loves Riley & Riley loves him. They are already big buddies. I can't wait until we move to a house with lots of land for them to run around & destroy (I mean, play) together.

1 comment:

  1. Oh your poor dog...lol it does sound like Marley!! We just got a new puppy on saturday Im goanna try and train her right!!

    Aww Riley's lil outfitr was sooo cute but boys always either poop or spit up on good cute outfits, don't they?? lol

    ReplyDelete