Riley's 1st Christmas was perfect! I am so thankful for all of my family & friends that we were able to spend it with. I have to say Riley's all time favorite song is Silent Night. He loves it when I sing it to him or when he hears it on the radio. (I listen almost nonstop to The River around Christmas time because they play nothing but Christmas music. Love it.) Anyway, our Christmas festivities started a couple of weeks early. We met up with some of my side of the family at my cousin, Audra's house. Instead of doing our traditional meal where we cook a huge dinner, we decided to eat out at a country buffet & then go back to Audra & John's house to visit & open presents. My camera was dead that day so I just have a few pictures that my sister sent me.



Santa came to our house early on Christmas Eve morning. He visited us early because he knew we wouldn't be home that night. ;) Riley loved seeing all of his new toys. He especially loved playing with the boxes! I have a million pictures of Christmas but I'll try to keep the posting to a minimum. 

After opening a few a presents it was time to head to Iuka to Great-Grandma Ruth's house! Riley loves to travel!


After opening a few a presents it was time to head to Iuka to Great-Grandma Ruth's house! Riley loves to travel!

Once we made it there & got finished eating, we opened more presents & visited with family & some friends.




This hat that Brooke gave Riley was one of his favorite gifts. It reminds me of something that someone in "Whoville" would have! It's so cute! The next morning we woke up & headed to my parents house in Oakland for yet more food, more family time & more presents.








His Grandma Mindy made him that hat! Another one of my favorites!
Christmas night we headed back home to enjoy all of the wonderful things we got & some time with just the 3 of us.

As much as I have always loved Christmas, this one was by far the best ever. I really couldn't ask for anything more. I am so blessed to have my wonderful family & the new addition of Riley made it more complete than I could ever imagine. I know each year after this will only get better as Riley gets older & understands the true meaning of Christmas.


No comments:
Post a Comment