Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Days of December


December brought on lots of new things & more "firsts" for my little man. At the beginning of the month, Riley started making squeaking & squealing noises. Once he discovered how to do this he never stopped! It is a very high pitch squeal that almost sounds like he is crying. TAG says it sounds like a pterodactyl. That's actually a very good description of this racket! I remember being out shopping and having several people ask me if he was ok when they heard him making this noise! It's definitely a happy sound, though. About a week later, he had his first laugh. I was making faces & being silly & he laughed out loud. I LOVE hearing him laugh. That is the sweetest sound to a mother's ears. Absolutely precious.

Christmas is without a doubt my most favorite time of the year. I usually put up my tree a couple days before Thanksgiving & would leave it up all year if I could! I bought Riley so many Christmas outfits. I'll admit I went a little overboard. I couldn't help myself. Below is a few of my favorite outfits.

December 5th was Riley's 1st time to try any vegetables. He ate a little bit of carrots mixed in with his Rice Cereal. He loved it! Actually, I don't think we have found any food that he doesn't like! But his favorite is sweet potatoes by far! He also started pushing all the way up while on his belly this same day. Before he would just prop himself up with his elbows under him.


December 7th was a big day for Riley. We had his Baby Baptism at our church that morning. Our families came to be with him on that special day. It meant so much to be surrounded by the people we love the most. We are members at Hernando Presbyterian Church in Hernando, MS. It is very small but we love it. Riley was actually sprinkled with water from the Jordan River!! A lady from our church visited it a while ago & brought back some water for Baptisms at the church. I thought it was so neat! Riley did really well considering how cold the water was! If you notice, he wore the same outfit that we brought him home from the hospital in. It is a handmade Christening gown that a family friend made for us. She made it a little big & I was glad so that he could wear it again on this special occasion.


After church & lunch we went to see Santa! Riley didn't really know what was going on so he wasn't too afraid of him. He acted great. Next year may be a different story!
Hanging out with Aunt Brooke & watching something on TV after the eventful day.

TAG's work Christmas party was the 2nd week of December. We had a very nice dinner at Texas de Brazil. It was great!

Apparently this is what Riley did while we were gone...

Looks like he found one that he wanted!

Thanks Bradley for the mini dumbbell! TAG loves it! So does Riley. He's been working out. ;)

Riley had his 4 month pictures with Jody Herndon on the 11th. Instead of doing the traditional 3, 6, 9, & 12 month pictures, we did newborn, 4, 8, & 12 months. We actually have the 8 month session coming up soon & I am so excited to do some fun Spring pictures!


Along with his 4 month pictures, Riley had his 4 months check-up. He weighed 15 lbs & was 26 inches long.


Well, he started teething around the middle of the month. He was trying to put everything in his mouth & was drooling puddles. I knew the teeth were coming but looking back, I had no idea they would come in so fast! His 1st tooth broke through on December 19th. Less than a week later on Christmas Eve he got his 2nd tooth! You can't see them that well in the picture, but they are there! Riley got his 2 front teeth for Christmas!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey!! HGe is just sooo cute!! I love all of his Christmas outfits, especially the green smocked one!!!!!!!! So about rice cereal and such, did you ask your dr when to start or did you just start? Not to be to personal, do you breastfeed? I do Brody and I wanted to try some rice cereal I just didn't know when???

    ReplyDelete